Right Expertise & Experience
Since 1994, Applied Control Engineering, Inc. (ACE) has worked in the Power & Public Utilities industry. Our first, and still current, customer was Delaware Valley based Delmarva Power (now Calpine), and today ACE supports Power & Public Utilities customers across all seven of our locations.
Other key customers include Coastal Carolina Clean Power, ConEdison, Detroit Edison, Distrigas, Exelon, Entergy, GDF Suez, NRG, PECO, PGW, PPL, PSEG, and Sithe. In addition, ACE has partnered with Bechtel, Blue Water Energy, Jacobs Engineering, Stantec, and Westinghouse in support of their Power & Public Utilities projects.
ACE recognizes that the primary goal of utility suppliers is to produce and deliver a clean and reliable product to consumers. With new regulations regarding air pollution, cybersecurity, water pollution, and waste disposal, doing so in a cost-effective way is becoming increasingly difficult. Our experience with combustion controls & burner management systems, network architecture, and regulated system design & validation makes ACE the ideal automation partner.
ACE’s project experience reflects the local, state, and federal regulations utilities face. Over the years, we have provided:
- Services to implement and manage NERC CIP compliance.
- Support for conventional (dams), pumped-storage, run-of-the-river hydroelectric facilities.
- Complete combustion turbine (simple cycle and HRSG) control packages on multiple occasions.
- LNG and peak-shaving plant controls.
- Water treatment (water chemistry, reverse osmosis, pH neutralization), chillers, and cooling tower automation.